Real Estate Services
MD Home Inspectors #30144
Chesapeake Services works daily with real estate agents and lenders to provide solid, helpful real estate services.Helping people get the most out of buying and/or selling their home is our priority. Our clients use us exclusively because of the thorough service that we are committed in providing. We take a lot of the difficulty out of the real estate process.
Your new home is an important investment. Protect your investment by having your home professionally inspected by Chesapeake Services. Jim Wilson has been a licensed inspector for many years. A thorough inspection usually involves the structure, HVAC, Well, Septic and if necessary the air quality of the house. Any issues will be pointed out during the inspection and the client will receive a thorough report detailing the inspection.
Chesapeake Services works regularly with Home Buyers, Sellers and Real Estate Agents to assist buyers in the purchase of their new home.
- Standard Home Inspections
- Structural Inspections
- Air Quality/Environmental Inspections
- Well/Septic Inspection and Service
- Lot Feasibility Inspections
Some benefits of Thermal Imaging is the detection of:
- Walter infiltration (roof leaks located with recent rain fall within 24-48 hours)
- Cold air infiltration
- Excessive moisture in building materials
- Stud/Joist/Beam/Rafter placement and structure
- Insulation gaps, insufficient and unevenness
- Electrical drops, panels, breakers, switches and wire connections
- Heating and cooling duct placement, insulation, air leaks
- Pipe location
Thermal Imaging Limitations
- Thermal imaging only displays surface temperatures of solid objects.
- IR detects the temperature based upon wavelength of the light emitted by the object (longer wavelength, colder). IR, therefore, does not show the temperature of objects that reflect light (Glass, shiny metal, light colored objects in direct sunlight).
- IR, does not “see through walls”, but only displays the very slight differences in surface temperature of the wall. Images of areas “behind” and not in contact with walls depends upon the temperature difference of the area. It is easier to see “hot” objects because they will be radiating heat to the not-in-contact surface.
Chesapeake Services is a well-experienced 203K Contractor in Southern Maryland. The FHA is broad with the types of repairs permitted with a 203k loan. However, depending on the nature of the repairs, borrowers may be required to use the “standard” 203k home loan as compared to the simpler, faster Streamlined 203k.
The FHA lists several repair types which require the standard 203k:
- Relocation of load-bearing walls
- Adding new rooms to a home
- Landscaping of a property
- Repairing structural damage to a home
- Total repairs exceeding $35,000
For most other home improvement projects, borrowers should look to the FHA Streamlined 203k .
The FHA Streamlined 203k requires less paperwork as compared to a standard 203k and can be a simpler loan to manage.
A partial list of projects well-suited for the Streamlined 203k program include :
- HVAC repair or replacement
- Roof repair or replacement
- Home accessibility improvements for disabled persons
- Minor remodeling, which does not require structural repair
- Basement finishing, which does not require structural repair
- Exterior patio or porch addition, repair or replacement
Borrowers can also use the Streamlined 203k loan for window and siding replacement; interior and exterior painting; and, home weatherization.